Cold Absorb decreases any cold damage then heals life equivalent to that damage decrease, after cold resistance has been applied.
- Damage equivalent to % CA is subtracted from cold damage remaining after CR.
- Damage equivalent to CA is subtracted from cold damage remaining after % CA.
- Healing equivalent to total cold damage absorbed is applied.
- Cold damage remaining after total absorbed is applied.
- The net result depends on current life at time of healing: actual healing = min(maximum life - current life , total cold damage absorbed), so maximum healing only occurs when current life ≤ maximum life - total cold damage absorbed.
- There is a ceiling of 40% CA, so there can never be a net life gain from % CA. Thus it performs a similar function to CR, so when current life ≤ maximum life - total cold damage absorbed, effective percentage damage decrease as a result of CR and % CA is as follows:
Percentage damage decrease = CR + (100-CR * CA/50)