+% Cold Skill Damage applies a percentage increase to any cold skill damage (after any synergy bonus), or integer or percentage cold damage added to any melee attacks of the user (so it applies to the percentage added by Vengeance, but it does not apply to physical attack damage converted to cold by Cold Arrow).
- When present on two weapons, the percentages of both are summed and applied to skill damage, and attack damage of either weapon when using a melee attack.
- It applies to skill damage applied by missiles when created, and other damage when applied. If there is a delay between skill usage and missile creation (as there can be with Freezing Arrow explosions, Blizzard shards, and Chilling Armor and Frozen Orb bolts) or skill usage and damage (as with the first two Blades of Ice charges, Hurricane and Shiver Armor), swapping weapons or other items to apply a higher percentage may result in more damage. 
- It applies to Holy Freeze skill damage before it is added to any attack, then again when using a melee attack.
- Character screen displays it being applied to ranged attack damage, but this is not actually the case. 
- It does not apply to a missile's own damage, so it does not apply to the bolts released by the third Phoenix Strike charge.
- That equipped by the user does not apply to pets summoned by that user, so it does not apply to Necromages; this includes any cold attack damage of Blade Sentinel, despite what is displayed by the character screen.