There is a place of great evil in the wilderness. Kashya's Rogue scouts have informed me that a cave nearby is filled with shadowy creatures and horrors from beyond the grave.
I fear that these creatures are massing for an attack against our encampment. If you are sincere about helping us, find the dark labyrinth and destroy the foul beasts.
May the Great Eye watch over you. - Akara
- Exit Rogue Encampment and follow path through Blood Moor until it forks: one fork leads to Den of Evil while other leads to entrance to Cold Plains guarded by Flavie, a Rogue Scout. If Den of Evil is found first, it may be advisable to cast Town Portal and follow path to Cold Plains: there is a waypoint by path just inside entrance which can be activated to return to Rogue Encampment, then portal can be taken back to Den of Evil.
- Corpsefire can never become Immune to Magic or Immune to Poison.
- Quest notification icon will appear in bottom-left corner of screen when only five monsters remain. Count is updated whenever monster is killed, although Fallen resurrected by Fallen Shamans can cause count to increase.
- Once all monsters have been killed, shafts of daylight illuminate Den of Evil and character can return to Rogue Encampment to get reward from Akara.
You have cleansed the Den of Evil. You've earned my trust and may yet restore my faith in humanity.
Your reward is training in the skill of your choice. - Akara
- As of patch 1.13, she can also reset stat and skill points, including those received as quest rewards, so that all can be reassigned to different attributes or skills. This does not have to be done immediately (or at all), and remains an option when interacting with her until stat and skill points have been reset.
- Characters who completed this quest in all difficulty levels before 1.13 will only receive this reward in Hell.
- Buffs and debuffs active at time of reset will remain active until they expire.
- Native Offensive Auras and Defensive Auras active at time of reset will no longer be applied but their graphic may still be displayed, as may their former effects in character screen. However, this display error stops upon exiting game and everything returns to normal at start of next game. 
- Upon creating new game after completing this quest, Den of Evil is renamed Cave Level 1 (not to be confused with Cave Level 1 in Cold Plains).