Fire Absorb decreases any fire damage then heals life equivalent to that damage decrease, after fire resistance has been applied.
- Damage equivalent to % FA is subtracted from fire damage remaining after FR.
- Damage equivalent to FA is subtracted from fire damage remaining after % FA.
- Healing equivalent to total fire damage absorbed is applied.
- Fire damage remaining after total absorbed is applied.
- The net result depends on current life at time of healing: actual healing = min(maximum life - current life , total fire damage absorbed), so maximum healing only occurs when current life ≤ maximum life - total fire damage absorbed.
- There is a ceiling of 40% FA, so there can never be a net life gain from % FA. Thus it performs a similar function to FR, so when current life ≤ maximum life - total fire damage absorbed, effective percentage damage decrease as a result of FR and % FA is as follows:
Percentage damage decrease = FR + (100-FR * FA/50)