- Low base armor and weapon item types are labelled as follows:
- Low Quality
- Low armors have 75% of normal base defense while low weapons have 75% of normal base damage, rounded down (< 1 minimum damage becomes 1).
- Durability = max ( [ (normal-1) / 3 ] , 1 )
- Cannot be ethereal.
- Cannot spawn socketed, although a low item can be socketed by Larzuk as reward for completing Siege on Harrogath quest.
- Can be used to create normal item using Horadric Cube. Being reduced to item level 1 may affect maximum number of sockets possible when socketed.
- Superior base armor and weapon item types can have any one or two of the following:
- Magic item spawns with 1-2 affixes:
- 50% suffix only
- 25% prefix only
- 25% prefix and suffix
- Prefix and suffix are added to name of item.
- Some affixes can only spawn on magic item.
- Rare item normally spawns with 3-6 affixes, although rare Jewel only spawns with 3 or 4 affixes. Prefixes and suffixes have equal chance of being selected, but an item cannot have more than three of either.
- Name of item is randomly generated.