It pains me to waste time with you, so I'll get right to the point.
There is a very special book which you must find for me. It was written long ago by a sage known as Lam Esen, who studied Skatsimi magic and the effects of the Prime Evils on the mortal world. The Black Book was lost when the Children of Zakarum took over this land.
Now, you must reclaim it without delay! Its knowledge may aid us in this dark time ahead. - Alkor
Stairs down to Ruined Temple are always inside entrance in northeast wall of this overgrown structure in Kurast Bazaar.
- Click on stairs to lower them to entrance of Ruined Temple, then enter.
is quite a confined space, with three possible layouts. Layout should be clear upon entry, with Lam Esen's Tome
always to south.
- Always inhabited by three of four following monster types, each with 75% chance of being selected:
- Clearing area around entrance is strongly recommended before venturing further into temple, due to high density of monsters with little room for maneuver or retreat.
- Lam Esen's Tome drops from lectern when clicked, and requires 2x2 inventory space to pick up; do so, then return to Alkor.
You have found the Book! It should give all of us here some insight into the nature of the Prime Evils...
Ah, but as for you... - Alkor
- Alkor gives five attribute points.
- 10% discount applies to cost of items bought anywhere in Kurast Docks after returning Lam Esen's Tome to Alkor. Discount does not apply to items gambled, repaired or sold by player. 
- Discount does not sum with Reduces All Vendor Prices, but is applied separately: combined with Reduces All Vendor Prices 30%, cost of items bought is reduced by 37% (10 + (90*30/100) ).