Lightning Absorb decreases any lightning damage then heals life equivalent to that damage decrease, after lightning resistance has been applied.
- Damage equivalent to % LA is subtracted from lightning damage remaining after LR.
- Damage equivalent to LA is subtracted from lightning damage remaining after % LA.
- Healing equivalent to total lightning damage absorbed is applied.
- Lightning damage remaining after total absorbed is applied.
- The net result depends on current life at time of healing: actual healing = min(maximum life - current life , total lightning damage absorbed), so maximum healing only occurs when current life ≤ maximum life - total lightning damage absorbed.
- There is a ceiling of 40% LA, so there can never be a net life gain from % LA. Thus it performs a similar function to LR, so when current life ≤ maximum life - total lightning damage absorbed, effective percentage damage decrease as a result of LR and % LA is as follows:
Percentage damage decrease = LR + (100-LR * LA/50)