Magic Absorb decreases any magic damage then heals life equivalent to that damage decrease, after any magic resistance has been applied.
- Damage equivalent to MA is subtracted from magic damage remaining after MR.
- Healing equivalent to magic damage absorbed is applied.
- Magic damage remaining after MA is applied.
- The net result depends on current life at time of healing: actual healing = min(maximum life - current life , magic damage absorbed), so maximum healing only occurs when current life ≤ maximum life - magic damage absorbed.
- Unlike Magic Damage Reduced (which applies to fire damage, lightning damage and cold damage as well), MA only applies to magic damage.