||Talk to Larzuk or|
Kill Shenk the Overseer
||Stop the Siege by killing Shenk the Overseer in the Bloody Foothills
||Larzuk will add sockets to the item of your choice|
Cost of buying items in Harrogath reduced by 50%
If you're here to defeat Baal, you must prove it!
As we speak, Harrogath is under siege by Baal's demons. Catapults rain death just outside the town walls.
Baal himself travels up the sacred mountain, having left in charge here one of his most vicious generals, Shenk the Overseer. A ruthless taskmaster, he lashes his own minions into suicidal frenzies on the battlefield.
If you wish to prove yourself to us, destroy the monster, Shenk, that commands those infernal catapults outside Harrogath. If you manage to do this, return to me. - Larzuk
- Exit Harrogath's Main Gate and continue straight ahead up the Bloody Foothills. Ideally, hug the cliff edge to the left of Main Gate rather than going up middle or hugging cliff wall to right: this maximises field of vision, allowing earlier sighting of enemies, and minimises the number of directions from which attacks can come.
- Enslaved are not minions and thus do not receive any bonuses.
- Immune to Cold in Hell (120%), as are Enslaved and Fanatic Enslaved (both 130%).
- Cannot be Immune to Fire and Immune to Lightning at the same time.
- No chance of becoming Immune to Physical, Immune to Magic or Immune to Poison.
- Standing at base of any stairs up to platform can limit number of attacking Enslaved. No stairs up to right side of platform, making area below advantageous for ranged attackers (since Enslaved either cannot reach them, or will take longer to do so).
- Upon his death, catapult bombardment kills all remaining monsters within a wide radius (with exception of Diablo summoned during World Event) but does not harm player or allies.
You're an even greater warrior than I expected...Sorry for underestimating you.
As a token of my appreciation, I will craft sockets into an item of your choosing, and from now on, you'll get the best price for all my wares. - Larzuk
- Larzuk will add sockets to one item which can be socketed, and which is not already socketed. This does not have to be done immediately (or at all): it remains an option when interacting with him until item has been socketed. Ethereal item of any quality can be socketed. Number of sockets added depends on quality of item:
- Unique, set, crafted or rare item has one socket added
- Magic item has one or two sockets added: chances are even, unless individual item or item type can only have one socket.
- Low, Normal or Superior item has maximum number of sockets added, which depends on item level, item type and individual item:
- Maximum sockets can be lower for individual items within those types: for example, while five sockets can be added to ilvl < 26 staves, only a War Staff, Rune Staff and Archon Staff can have five sockets added since those are the only individual staves to allow that maximum.
- 50% discount applies to cost of items bought from Larzuk and Malah, and Anya after rescuing her from Prison of Ice. However, since the cost of buying items was previously 80% higher than earlier Acts (presumably due to the siege), the result is costs becoming the same as those in earlier Acts after discounts for completing the Search for Cain, Radament's Lair and Lam Esen's Tome quests. Discount does not apply to items gambled, repaired or sold to them.
- Discount does not sum with Reduces All Vendor Prices, but is applied separately: combined with Reduces All Vendor Prices 30%, cost of items bought in Harrogath is reduced by 65% (50 + (50*30/100) ).