It is certain that we face the demon queen, Andariel, who has corrupted the Rogue Sisterhood and defiled their ancestral Monastery. This does not bode well for us, my friend.
Ancient Horadric texts record that Andariel and the other Lesser Evils once overthrew the three Prime Evils -- Diablo, Mephisto and Baal -- banishing them from Hell to our world. Here, they caused mankind untold anguish and suffering before they were finally bound within the Soulstones.
Andariel's presence here could mean that the forces of Hell are once again aligned behind Diablo and his Brothers. If this is true, then I fear for us all.
You must kill her before the Monastery becomes a permanent outpost of Hell and the way east lost forever.
- Deckard Cain
When waypoint is in west corner, flanked by plant bed to left and fountain to right in center of courtyard, entrance to Barracks is at back of southeast cloister (right from entrance from Monastery Gate
and Tamoe Highland
When waypoint is in east corner, flanked by plant bed to right and fountain to left in center of courtyard, entrance to Barracks is at back of northwest cloister (left from entrance from Monastery Gate and Tamoe Highland).
When waypoint is in east corner with cross-shaped plant bed in center of courtyard, entrance to Barracks is at back of northeast cloister (opposite entrance from Monastery Gate and Tamoe Highland).
- Search Barracks for stairs down to Jail Level 1: its waypoint is normally found most quickly by going left. Once activated, continuing to go left normally results in stairs down to Jail Level 2 being found most quickly (or go right from entrance if waypoint is not wanted).
- Stairs up to Inner Cloister can normally be found most quickly by going to left from entrance to Jail Level 3.
Activate Inner Cloister waypoint before entering Cathedral
to northeast. Stairs down to Catacombs Level 1
can be found in northeast wall of right arm of Cathedral: hug right outer wall to minimise hostile exposure.
It is clear that Andariel is acting on behalf of Diablo to prevent anyone from following him eastward. Her defeat would allow you to continue the pursuit.
Ancient lore has it that while Andariel was spawned in the Burning Hells, she is not fond of fire.
- Deckard Cain
Catacombs Level 4
always has the same layout. Andariel
always spawns between third set of pillars from bottom of throne room to north of entrance, accessed via double doors in northeast wall of chamber to west of entrance.
- Catacombs Level 4 is always populated by the following monsters throughout:
- Random Champion and Unique monsters also spawn, so it is advisable to clear area as much as possible before facing her.
- She applies physical and poison damage with all her melee attacks, poison bolts and poison spray.
- Ranged attackers and casters can retreat to previous room and use pit in its center to try to keep their distance from her. If their missiles or spells have sufficient range, they can get a head start and draw first blood by firing straight down carpet leading up middle of throne room.
- Upon her death screen shakes, debris falls from ceiling and fire erupts, killing all remaining monsters within a wide radius. Portal opens at character location when death animations end, allowing return to Rogue Encampment.
The caravan is prepared. We may now journey eastward to Lut Gholein.