Yes... The man you speak of sounds like the mage who came here many months ago. He claimed to have fought Diablo in the passages beneath Tristram.
No doubt the fool wandered into Horazon's Sanctuary and lost whatever was left of his ravaged mind. He is beyond salvation.
It is possible that the fool has been possessed by the spirit of Horazon. If that's true, then you'd better put an end to his tortured existence.
Once done, I believe the demons who were summoned and imprisoned within the Sanctuary will cease to exist as well.
- Activate waypoint at crossroads beneath portal. The Summoner guards Horazon's Journal at end of one of branches, apparently at random despite effort made to make each path distinct.
One of sixteen possible layouts of Arcane Sanctuary. For this particular layout, The Summoner
is located on platform at end of northwest branch with teleport pads: northeast branch is Escheresque
, southeast is level and southwest has stairs.
- Arcane Sanctuary is always populated by the following:
- May also encounter Lightning Spires, which are Immune to Lightning (100%) and Immune to Poison (1,000%) in Nightmare and Hell.
- Travel to end of each branch; if it does not lead to The Summoner, cast Town Portal, take waypoint and try another branch.
guards Horazon's Journal. Quest notification icon appears in bottom-left of screen when he becomes aware of those approaching, activating this quest.
- The Summoner is never immune, but he is resistant to fire, lightning and cold in all difficulty levels. Otherwise, he is not particularly sturdy, although path to him is likely to be obstructed by other inhabitants of Arcane Sanctuary and he can make a nuisance of himself by casting the following:
- Once he has been killed, return to town for more information.
The demonic force that was emanating from the corrupted Sanctuary has dissipated. I thank you greatly for your help. Now, we can look to rebuilding our lives.
All will be for nothing, though, if you do not stop the greater Evil which is rapidly gaining ground.
The Summoner may drop Key of Hate in Hell needed for Pandemonium Event. Otherwise, there is no reward and no reason to do this quest other than as a byproduct of completing Arcane Sanctuary quest.