Overlay above fleeing target.
- Hit Causes Monster to Flee applies chance for normal and minion monsters (with a few exceptions) to flee immediately upon a successful attack. Does not overwrite existing curse on targets to which it doesn't apply.
- Applied by any melee or ranged attack with the exception of Blade Sentinel, Blade Shield and the additional arrows of Multiple Shot (only applied by the original two arrows).
- Although percentage is displayed, chance is actually measured in 1/128ths (subscript numbers below). Chance from multiple items equipped is summed, although when two weapons are equipped only that of the primary or attacking weapon is added (that of the other weapon is ignored). >100% is redundant.
- Fleeing effects have their own hierarchy, so those higher on the following list cannot be overwritten by those lower:
- Grim Ward
- Hit Causes Monster to Flee
- Howl 
- Casting order with curses from Chance to Cast modifiers depends on trigger event, equipping order and skill/stat order.
- Overwrites Hit Blinds Target when both bonuses are applied by the same item to the same attack.
- Cannot overwrite Confuse or Attract.
- Can be overwritten by any other later curse.
- Monster may continue fleeing after expiry until its next AI check.
||Screaming weapon 1
||Howling weapon 1
||Wailing weapon 1
1 Excluding missile weapon, axe, polearm, spear and sword
||Screaming missile weapon
||Howling missile weapon
||Wailing missile weapon