Piercing Attack adds a chance for arrows, bolts, javelins, throwing axes and throwing knives to pierce a target, which sums with that of the Amazon's Pierce skill and other Piercing Attack items (although when two weapons are used only that of the primary or attacking weapon is added; that of the other weapon is ignored). >100% chance is redundant.
- Piercing occurs whenever a hit check is successful, or skipped (Lightning Bolt and Lightning Fury always hit). Subsequent blocking of the missile will prevent it applying its damage and modifiers to that target, but won't prevent it from piercing.
- Guided Arrow can no longer pierce.
- The missile can pierce a maximum of four times, allowing it to hit up to five targets.
- Blade Fury does not pierce.
- If a hit check is not successful but piercing is successful, the missile may appear to pierce its target and even display graphical effects, but it doesn't actually do so: damage and modifiers are not applied to subsequent targets.
After an unsuccessful hit check on the first Zealot
, Freezing Arrow
appears to pierce and explode on the second Zealot, but he is neither damaged nor frozen.