Overlay above blinded target.
- Like Raven, a chance to cast level (1-20) Dim Vision on a single target upon a successful attack, blinding it.
|% Chance Melee
||= 30 + 5(4B + A-D)
|% Chance Ranged
||= (30 + 5(4B + A-D) ) / 3
|Dim Vision Level
||= min( [ (Chance-rand(99) ) / 5] + 1,20)
||Sum of HBT bonuses
||Random integer between 0 and 99
- When using two weapons, HBT from one weapon does not apply to attacks made with the other.
- Only blinds normal and minion monsters (with a few exceptions). Does not overwrite existing curse on targets to which it doesn't apply.
- When cast on a target already blinded by DV, Raven or HBT, it will normally only overwrite the previous cast if the skill level is equal or greater. Can be overwritten by any other later curse.
- Cannot overwrite Confuse or Attract.
- Casting order with curses from Chance to Cast modifiers depends on trigger event, equipping order and skill/stat order.
- Overwritten by Hit Causes Monster to Flee when both bonuses are applied by the same item to the same attack.
- Target will continue executing its last action prior to blinding until its next AI check, so if it was approaching the caster it will continue to do so until it reaches caster position when DV was cast, or until it is obstructed or otherwise prevented from executing its action.
- Target awareness radius is reduced to its melee range while blinded: target will only attack if something is within range, and will only use their default attack rather than any skills or special abilities (like resurrecting dead).
- Duration of blinding is 1/2 in Nightmare and 1/4 in Hell.